It’s festival season, baby! 2022 will be the first year many of us have gone to a festival after the pandemic canceled Glastonbury, Boomtown, and even Notting Hill Carnival. Because of that, you may have forgotten what to bring to a music festival, that’s why we’re here.
When is festival season?
Right now! The festival season has long begun and will continue all the way till the end of summer. If you’re still wondering what music festival you should attend, check out our list of the top 10 upcoming music festivals this summer.
How should you pack for a festival?
Remember you’ll be carrying your bags to your camping spot and all the way back home. For that reason, pack light! Only pack camping essentials, festival essentials, and maybe a few treats.
We recommend two bags (one on your front and one on your back) and then a couple of things to put in your hands (this could be booze or a trolley to drag more stuff). It can be tempting to over pack but, if you can, pack light. And with that out of the way, let’s get into the packing list for festival season 2022.
What to bring to a festival?
Absolute camping essentials:
- Your ticket
- A tent
- Your phone
- Sleeping bag
- Roll mat or blow up mattress with pump
- Refillable water bottle
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Any medication you take
- Clothes (we’ll cover this in more detail in the next section)
Good things to take to a festival:
- Fruit juice cartons
- Tinned food (fruit, beans, etc.)
- Pot noodle
- More booze
- Cool bag for food and drink
- Ear plugs (if you struggle to sleep when it’s noisy)
- Bluetooth speaker
- Portable charger
- A pillow
- Cooking stove (if allowed)
- Camping chair
- Duct tape (you never know what could go wrong)
- Torch / lamp
- Collapsible water container
- Suntan cream
- Baby wipes
- Toilet roll (most toilets run out after the first day)
- Hand sanitizer
- Shampoo if you’re going to shower
- Dry shampoo if you’re not going to shower
- Compact mirror
- Lip balm
- Vitamins (you’re going to need them)
- Bug spray
- Deodrant (trust me, you’ll smell)
- Sanitary products
- Plastic bags
- Head scratcher
- And, most importantly, friends 🙂
What to wear to a festival?
You’ll also need to pack clothes for the festival. It’s hard to decide what to wear on a night out, let alone for a whole weekend. Please be sure to check the weather before packing and prepare for all possibilities. If it’s going to rain, wellies are more important than ever.
You should be sure to bring:
- A top for every day (plus 2-3 spares)
- Trousers (plus spare pair)
- Rain jacket
- Underwear (with spares)
- Socks (bring loads of spares)
- Warm clothes to sleep in (socks, trousers, and a thick hoodie. Be sure to keep them dry)
- Fancy dress costume
- Spare a pair of clean clothes to leave in the car
Whether you’re going to Reading and Leeds, Boomtown, or another festival, we’ve provided you with the ultimate packing list of festival camping essentials. Now go and enjoy five days full of music, booze, and fun with your friends.
But whatever you do please, please don’t forget your ticket.
Words by Ryan Gladwin.